Friday, June 3, 2011

Do I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?

I'm a 53 year-old female and I found my oil filter, but it is two feet down from the hood and there is an oil pan beneath it. I have to change the oil too. I don't know if I'm supposed to remove the oil pan or do the work from under the hood. I have a Toyota Sequoia.Do I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?no. there is a drain plug on the bottom of your oil pan. unscrew that to drain the oil. then you can unscrew the filter. when you put the new one on put a lil oil on the gasket of your new oil filter. make sure you tighten everything up pretty good.Do I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?DO NOT REMOVE THE PAN. you just have to unscrew the filter.Do I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?You never have to remove the oil pan just get underneath the car and using a wrench loosen the filter and then twist it off and install the new one by hand no wrench. Then loosen the drain plug on the bottom of the pan using a 14mm wrench then reinstall by hand when the oil is dripping out. Then fill the engine with oil usually holds 5 qt'sDo I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?you don't remove oil pan to change oil. there is a plug in the pan remove it catch oil in a pan from underneath the car. filter can be removed from where ever you can get to it, topside or underneath. sounds like you better get someone to guide you through the job once or twice.Do I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?You need to access the oil filter from underneath the vehicle, turn your wheels all the way to the left and you will be able to reach it from there.

I think you are talking about the skid plate that is protecting the filter, you do not have to remove that, reach the oil filter through the side of the plate.

There is also an opening on the skid plate so you can easily change your oil.Do I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?you can change the oil by just unscrewing the bolt on the bottom of the oil pan and you can take off the oil filter by buying a oil filter wrench and unscrewing it you do not have to take off the oil panDo I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?most vehicles are designed to be changed from bottom side with a catch pan underneath for oil drainage,i would think you would opt for a quik change place to do it for you. they're neat,they vacuum your car,check and adjust tire pressure,and top off fluids for about $29.95Do I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?no you certantly do not change oil pan you drain the oil from the bolt on the bottom of oil pan and take the filter off.Do I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?NO, your not suppose to remove the pan just to get the filter out, if your unsure on what you are doing. take it to the oil change shop, its gonna cost more, but your gonna be sure that it's done right..Do I need to remove the oil pan to change my oil and filter? Filter is two feet down from hood.?You will need to be able to get under the car to have access to the drain plug (bolt) that is on the side bottom of your oil pan. Remove the plug and drain the oil into a shallow pan large enough to hold 1.5 gallon of fluid. You may want to place cardboard or newspaper on your garage floor so you do not have a bigger mess. Allow the oil to completely drain into a container. Once the oil has drained, refit the oil plug by screwing it back into the oil pan. Make sure you do not cross thread it and tighten it snugly. If any oil got onto your exhaust pipe or car frame, make sure you wipe up as much as you can to avoid errant dripping.



As for your oil filter, you will need a tool to remove the oil filter. It will screw off. Remember that there is oil in the old filter. You may want to have a rag under the filter as well as the drip pan. Dispose of the old filter.



When replacing with the new filter, place your finger in some of the new oil, just enough to wet your finger. Rub the new oil onto the rubber gasket of your new oil filter. This will aid in seating the gasket. When you screw on the new filter, be careful not to over tighten. A good measure is when the rubber gasket touches the engine, turn the filter 3/4 of a turn tighter. That's it.



Make sure that you place new oil into the engine according to your owners manual. It is important not to overfill the engine.



Upon staring the vehicle, look for the oil light to go off or if you have an oil gage, look for the oil pressure needle to climb. This should happen within 5 seconds of starting the vehicle. If not, shut off the vehicle.



Once you have it up and running with new the new oil and filter, check for leaks. You should be good to go.



Hope this helps.
  • guy myspace
  • what is a cd rom
  •