Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What brain structures would you choose to remove and why? How would you expect your behavior to change?

The experiment involves looking at the functions of the various brain structures (e.g., cerebellum, cerebral cortex, medulla, etc). A mad scientist wants to do “removal studies” in order to isolate these functions. The mad scientist does have a heart, though – he lets you decide which brain structures you want to give up.What brain structures would you choose to remove and why? How would you expect your behavior to change?Amygdala. Sorry, I can't remember how to spell it properly. I'd be interested to see how it influences my emotions.





Edit: I misunderstood the question. I wouldn't want to PERMANENTLY remove my Amygdala- only temporarily to see the effect.What brain structures would you choose to remove and why? How would you expect your behavior to change?Amygdala, although it makes us a little crazy the world would be flat and grey and boring because we wouldn't be able to feel emotions.

If you would remove the amygdala you would probably become a robot or some psycho killer.