Thursday, November 25, 2010

Does anybody know how to get the change/remove button on control panel on computers under add/remove programs?

Everytime I try to delete something in add or remove programs under my control panel on my computer there is no change/remove button next to the item I want to delete like it should be. Does anybody know how I can get this button back?Does anybody know how to get the change/remove button on control panel on computers under add/remove programs?maybe your screen resolution (pixels) needs to be changed. because the buttons could actually be there you just cant see them. this is just the most practical poss. i can think of.



and to change resolution:

1. right-click any open area of your desktop

2. click properties

3. go to settings tab

4. then the rest should explain itselfDoes anybody know how to get the change/remove button on control panel on computers under add/remove programs?I checked my system (XP Pro). I noticed that, although nearly all programs had a %26quot;Change/Remove%26quot; button when I clicked on them, some only had %26quot;Remove%26quot;. This is because the install/uninstall process is part of each program, not really part of the Windows OS (other than Windows can run the uninstall programs for each software package).



There also may be a access rights issue. If you are not logged into your system as the administrator, you will probably not be able to remove any programs. I suspect that this is the problem.



Jim, http://www.jimpettis.com/wheel/