Thursday, November 25, 2010

Why does my computer not give me the option to "change/remove" IE7?

I went into the control panel into add/remove pregrams and selected %26quot;show all updates%26quot; scrolled down to IE7 and there is only a remove option, no %26quot;change/remove%26quot;. I have Win XP Pro edition. Am I stuck with IE%26amp;, I really preferrd IE6 instead. Please help!Why does my computer not give me the option to %26quot;change/remove%26quot; IE7?I personally don't use or like Internet Explorer in general. I'm more of a Firefox guy lol much better in my opinion BUT! maybe it'd work if you downloaded IE6 then removed IE7 then installed the IE6 program you just downloaded? or if you remove it it could automatically downgrade it to IE6 so I'd suggest downloading IE6 and removing IE7 and if it doesn't downgrade (i think it will though cause I'm pretty sure if your computer came with IE your not gonna be able to completely remove it at least not very easily) you'll be okay cause you'll be able to install IE6.Why does my computer not give me the option to %26quot;change/remove%26quot; IE7?Yeah i know what you mean, i hate that!

i also have XP Pro edition...

ummm, you can try system restore, and go to add or remove programs, and it should show up as %26quot;change or remove%26quot;

right now its showing Remove only, and i understand..

You shouldn't have installed IE7..

then its gonna be harder for you to downgrade to internet explorer 6...see if you can somehow uninstall IE7...

just keep trying, good luck