Thursday, November 25, 2010

How do I remove/change strings on my acoustic guitar?

I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube now but it hasn't been very helpful. I need a detailed step-by-step guide that will explain everything and what is best for my guitar. I'm a beginner so I know nothing. And I have a Jasmine S35 Takamine.How do I remove/change strings on my acoustic guitar?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsmjY27Pf



This is how i learned.



Great video, step by step.How do I remove/change strings on my acoustic guitar?Please consider visiting your local music store, buy a set of strings of your choosing, and ask a guitar clerk to show you how it's done. Most stores will not charge for the string installation if you buy the strings there at the store.How do I remove/change strings on my acoustic guitar?First: de-tune the strings. You don't want them at high tension. Loosen to the point that you can unravel it off of the tuning head



Second: unravel it off of the head and pull it through the hole.



Third:pull the peg out of your guitar at the base of it for the string that you just loosened. (make sure you don't lose this.)



Fourth: pull out the string and dispose of it.



Fifth: stick the metal ball at the end of the new string into the hole in the bridge. (the part at the base of your guitar.)



Sixth: firmly press the peg into the hole on top of the string.



Seventh: stick the string through the hole in the tuning head in the headstock. (top of the guitar)



Eighth: tighten the string till it is at tension.



Ninth: repeat this for each string. You should only do one string at a time starting with the lightest/thinnest one.How do I remove/change strings on my acoustic guitar?FIRST... BUY A TUNER



Take it to a local music store and buy a set of strings then have them show you how to change the strings.. it's not rocket science... but BUY a tuner while you are there or you will be back on here complaining how the high E string keeps breaking.How do I remove/change strings on my acoustic guitar?Complete step by step instructions with pictures at:



http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician