Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I remove "My Pictures" from showing in change Desktop?

When I want to change to a different wallpaper in Windows XP

(right click --%26gt; properties ---%26gt; desktop)



there are several wallpapers available to choose from, however it also shows pictures that are in %26quot;My Pictures Folders%26quot; and other pics I have in other folders.



I don't want them to show there,, because many times I have friends or family that try to change the wallpaper and actually can look at all of the pictures through there. I don't want that to happen. I want my pictures to stay private.



I know its suppose to be my account, but you know every now and them someone comes with something like %26quot;let me use the internet for a second%26quot;.



They can still go and look through my folders and find them if they want to, but it is different than the pictures just showing out of nowhere.



Its like your house, people can still go to your room and search for stuff, but it is different to the stuff just popping up in the entrance door.



Can someone help me?



thank you.How do I remove %26quot;My Pictures%26quot; from showing in change Desktop?I suggest not storing pictures that you want to keep %26quot;semi-private%26quot; in the My Pictures folder.



By default, the My Picture folder opens automatically, I don't think there's a way to change that.



I save ALL my pictures in a folder I call %26quot;Images%26quot; located on my hard drive. A folder YOU create can be made private and password protected.How do I remove %26quot;My Pictures%26quot; from showing in change Desktop?I don't think there is a way.



You may be able to find tutorials where you change around the OS to create a different default path for your %26quot;Browse%26quot; button, but this is potentially dangerous.How do I remove %26quot;My Pictures%26quot; from showing in change Desktop?Set up a guest account. You can make your own folders private and set up the guest account with minimal file access.