Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you remove the cap from a weedwacker to change the string?

I bought a Craftsman Weedwacker second hand. I've been unable to locate a manual at Craftsman.com or elsewhere online. I've twisted, turned, etc. but it won't come off.How do you remove the cap from a weedwacker to change the string?It depends on the weed wacker...my Craftsman weedwacker cap comes off just by turning it left or right...try pushing down on it first then turning it left or right (like a medicine bottle)...or your weedwacker might be a bump and feed, meaning that you tap it (the cap) on the ground while it's spinning and the string should lengthen itself. I have another weed wacker which has clips on the side of the cap...look for those. If none of those things work, you can always call customer support. The number should be in the manual or on the website.How do you remove the cap from a weedwacker to change the string?it has a left handed threaded screw that holds the cap onHow do you remove the cap from a weedwacker to change the string?I have a Craftsman 3/8 HP Semi-Automatic Line Feed Electric Weedwacker and had the same issue. It looks like it should just twist off but it doesn't. There is a little pin in the bottom around the lip, it looks like a %26quot;T%26quot; once it's out. Look carefully I missed it or didn't think that could be holding it on. If it's the same kind I have remove the pin and it will twist off easily. Try not to break the pin, it's little. Now to get the pin back in since it is pretty rusty. I hope the hardware store sells these.How do you remove the cap from a weedwacker to change the string?If your weedwacker is like mine (also a Craftsman) then all you need to do pull it off. I was dealing with the exact same problem today. There might be a couple of arrows you want to line up in order to do it. Just give it a good yank.



As for calling the help line, while it might be a good idea if you have to get something repaired, they were no help to me when I called to ask them for directions on how to remove the line cap. They actually told me there was no one who could assist with tech support of that kind.



Good luck!How do you remove the cap from a weedwacker to change the string?check to see if it has a couple tabs you have to push in