Monday, September 19, 2011

I have a virus, i tried going into control, change/remove programs but it wont let me delete it. what now?

It keeps redirecting my pages and it is posing as a antivirus program that keeps popping up. I have a virus, i tried going into control, change/remove programs but it wont let me delete it. what now?you do not have a virus, you have a rogue program on your PC run this free program %26amp; it will remove it:



http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-AntI have a virus, i tried going into control, change/remove programs but it wont let me delete it. what now?need a bit more info as to what type of virus it isI have a virus, i tried going into control, change/remove programs but it wont let me delete it. what now?If you already have a virus, try running the cleaner programs in Safe Mode (hit the F8 function key as the machine boots up, and choose Safe mode)



Cleaning tool (not an active scanner)

http://www.malwarebytes.org/



I have a virus, i tried going into control, change/remove programs but it wont let me delete it. what now?project-

http://gantt.com/I have a virus, i tried going into control, change/remove programs but it wont let me delete it. what now?Download the programs below. If you know the name of the virus search for it on your computer, then delete it with file shredder.



If you want very good Anti-Virus protection. I would recommend that you purchase Kaspersky http://www.kaspersky.com/. (From a store like Future Shop, or Staples. So you have the physical copy of the program). From what I have heard about it. It seems to be one of the best protection programs out there And it has hourly updates, to give you protection against the latest virus's.



I use all of these myself, and all of them are free, they are very effective.



1 Ad-Aware 2008, Much more effective than previous versions and faster, does not suck up system resources like the previous versions, also there various skins to suit your preferences.

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2008/30



2 Spybot - Search %26amp; Destroy, its a little out of date but it works.

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-De



3 SpywareBlaster, blocks potentially damaging applications and programs from running.

http://www.download.com/SpywareBlaster/3



4 Simple File Shredder, it isn't an anti spy, but it shreds unnecessary files including cookies and it speeds up system performance.

http://www.download.com/Simple-File-Shre



5 MRU-Blaster, detects and cleans MRU (most recently used) lists on your computer. By looking at these MRU lists, someone could determine what files you opened/saved/looked at, what their file names were, and much more! (And, in many cases, the lists are displayed in drop-down menus automatically.) (From website.)

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/mrublast



Also. I suggest that you stay away from online anti-spy scans. As it is not hard for a cracker to hack it, and insert some malicious code into the program which after scanning will give you even more virus's. (That's how my computer got infected once, and after that I have been advising people to stay away from them).



I personally don't like AVG, it screwed up my computer after I Un-Installed it, and Avast didn't work for me. And Trend Micro, has poor detection rates (I tried it a few week's ago (downloaded) and scanned, it found 3 items. I ran Ad-Aware after that and it found 18 items that trend micro passed right over).



And I would advise you to stay away from P2P, programs. As they are an excellent vector for infections.



Hope this help'sI have a virus, i tried going into control, change/remove programs but it wont let me delete it. what now?If it's a virus and keeps blocking your work, then there must be a hidden active process going on.



right click on the task bar and go to the task manager and to the processes tab. there, look out for some suspicious processes and stop them and then try to remove the program like you did earlier.



and also, you can goto start%26gt;run and type 'msconfig' and then you can control the processes that run on system restart. now this is some advanced stuff so DO NOT try this without the help of an expert or if you really know what you are doing.



and finally install a good anti virus program. I recommend Kaspersky.

I have a virus, i tried going into control, change/remove programs but it wont let me delete it. what now?

if that virus had occupied into ur system it wont easily be deleted. sometimes installing or unstalling an antivirus is not possible. the best way to do it is that detach your hardisk from CPU then connect it to another computer with an updated antivirus, as a Slave, or you can use any external hardisk connector. then look into that drive as detected then execute full scan with antivirus.. after that attach it back to ur pc or notebook... Godspeed...