Friday, September 23, 2011

Change & Remove buttons missing from most programs in Add Remove Programs. Fix?

I went to uninstall my old Photoshop and found that most of the programs in Add Remove Programs didn't have Change Remove buttons for the programs. Looked like only recently updated or add ons did. I checked reg key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Uninstall\

and there were only few entries (the few that had buttons in Add Remove program) Something has deleted all the uninstall keys (Shouldn't say something, it looks pretty clear it was a Windows autoupdate that did it.) Tried to system restore to two points and neither completed. What to do now? is there any way to get just the registry backup from system restore? I found a backup I made with Spybot and it has many of the Keys, but I'd like to get a more recent one if possible. Does anything else back up registry besides system restore points?Change %26amp; Remove buttons missing from most programs in Add Remove Programs. Fix?Time for registry cleaning software because the registry has become very corrupt due to all the system changes.Change %26amp; Remove buttons missing from most programs in Add Remove Programs. Fix?OK I am having the same problems, so Bob what is the solution? how do I do this? thanks

Report Abuse