Thursday, September 15, 2011

Why is the change/remove button missing in my add/remove programs?

I did not add any new programs and they just disappeared...not to mention some of the programs that work on my computer are not listed there either.Why is the change/remove button missing in my add/remove programs?You might not have Permission to delete or modify the program.



Check with an administrator account or the account in which the program installed.Why is the change/remove button missing in my add/remove programs?the answer by Jeffrey C is actually the best. It resolved most of the issue. I tried so many other sits and answers and nothing helped. Jefferey C helped

Report Abuse

Why is the change/remove button missing in my add/remove programs?Well,

either somebody dragged it away, or the configurations got changed. Scan your computer with spybot, adaware, mcafee, and yeaWhy is the change/remove button missing in my add/remove programs?Generally Add-Remove errors are based in the registry. Try a program like %26quot;Registry Mechanic%26quot; (it's a free trial) to set it right.



ALso, some programs can't be %26quot;add/removed%26quot;. THat's because they don't log themselves in the registry during install, or because their installers have become corrupted. THey have to be removed manually.Why is the change/remove button missing in my add/remove programs?Not all software installations create an Add and Remove entry on your system. Some have their own uninstall, called unwise.exe, remove.exe, or uninstall.exe. Also for the buttons to be visible you have to highlight an entry in Add and Remove apps for the buttons Change, Remove, or Repair to show. You can also check if you have permissions for this by doing the following:



Start | Run and type gpedit.msc



Go to User Configuration | Administrative Templates | Add and Remove Programs. Check the settings in the right-hand pane to see if showing those features has been disabled.

I hope I helped ya!